From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The Refugee Crisis in Greece- A STATUS/الوضع Interview with Georgia Arapidou
In this interview for STATUS/الوضع, host Eleni Makkas speaks with Georgia Arapidou about the refugee situation in Greece after the EU-Turkish Agreement (2016), told from the perspective of a Greek asylum lawyer.
Georgia Arapidou is a legal counselor and attorney for the Association for the Social Support of Youth (Arsis). Arsis's work is centered on immigrant and refugee youth. The NGO provides legal and psychosocial aid to young people, deals with asylum cases and exploitation in the workplace. Arapidou is based in Arsis's Youth Support Center in Athens that has been operating since 2014. Arsis has recently been intervening in refugee camps and immigrant detention fascilities so as to register asylum-seekers and provide legal aid to unaccompanied minors.
Recent Posts by Status Audio Journal
- Bassam Haddad and Brian Edwards Discuss Middle East Studies and Public Scholarship Apr 19 2017
- Life and Death in Palestine - A STATUS/الوضع Interview with Ben Ehrenreich Apr 18 2017
- Creative Insurgency in the Arab World - A STATUS/الوضع Interview with Marwan Kraidy Apr 12 2017
- Woman Healers - A STATUS/الوضع Interview with Rola Yasmine Apr 12 2017
About Reports Page
Jadaliyya’s Reports Page is a forum for disseminating statements, images, and videos produced by people on the ground in the region, as well as highlighting events and publications from/about the region. As such, the Reports Page features a broad range of content, including eye witness accounts of events (in textual, photgraphic, or video format), statements and press releases of interest, calls for participation in events and publications, report-backs from various events, and reports published by different local, regional and international organizations. Inclusion on the Reports Page does constitute endorsement of the analysis, but rather a means of highlighting items of interest produced through other organizations and publications. If you have questions or comments, or would like us to consider featuring something on the Reports Page, please email us at Reports@jadaliyya.com.
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Between the World and Algeria: International Histories of the Algerian War of Independence
- Internships At ASI (& Internships for College Credit Program)
- Toward A Vocabulary for Syria’s Opposition
- ‘Optimism of the Intellect’? How to Stay Hopeful in the Wake of Turkey’s Referendum Results
- Making History in Iran: Education, Nationalism, and Print Culture
- New Texts Out Now: Behrooz Ghamari, Remembering Akbar: Inside the Iranian Revolution
- يم القاهرة
- Media on Media Roundup (April 25)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (April 17-23)
- Berkeley Event--6 Days, 50 Years: 1967 and the Politics of Time (28 April 2017)
- ما التنوير؟ غوغل، ويكيليكس، وإعادة تنظيم العالم
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 25)
- Turkey After the Referendum: A Roundtable
- Revisiting ‘Foucault in Iran’: A Response
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arab Studies Journal Announces Spring 2017 Issue: Editor's Note and Table of Contents
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 24)
- The Origins of the Lebanese National Idea, 1840-1920
- Syria Media Roundup (April 24)
- Visualizing Campus Collective Action for Palestine Solidarity